The following email was sent to the entire M&T alumni community on February 28, 2014 from Ken Glass (’82) and Allie Rogers (’87). If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions feel free to reach out to them.
Many of you provide much appreciated and important support for the great work that Penn and the Engineering and Wharton schools do. But did you know that due to University vagaries, the Fisher M&T Program gets virtually NO FUNDING from either Wharton or SEAS to run its operations and support its students? That means:
Virtually 100% of the M&T budget is from DONORS LIKE US (including Jerome Fisher!) who make direct donations to the M&T Program!
As chair and fundraising chair of the 35th M&T Anniversary Program, we were surprised to learn all this – but are delighted to invite you to join us in helping – if you, like us, feel that you’d like to give back to M&T in appreciation for what it’s done for you. Please consider supporting M&T directly in addition to the support you consider for Penn, Engineering and Wharton:
SUPPORT M&T AND HONOR DR. HAMILTON!
1) To honor Dr. H’s legacy (he’s retiring in June of 2015!) and celebrate the 35th, we have set dollar and donor goals for the year:
$13,500,000 in total gifts to M&T and 350 total donors to M&T Funds. (We’ve raised over $4,000,000 from over 120 donors so far!)
$7,500,000 to fund the remodel of the M&T Building
$3,000,000 endowed professorship for the M&T Faculty Director
$2,000,000 for the William F. Hamilton Director’s Initiatives Fund
$1,000,000 to support specific M&T core priorities (M&T Gift Fund)
2) A gift of any size to an M&T Fund helps! You can make a gift to the M&T Gift Fund or honor Dr. H’s legacy with a gift to the William F. Hamilton Director’s Initiatives Fund. Gifts can be matched!
3) If you are interested in specific naming or gift opportunities, such as endowing summer internships for M&T students, establishing an M&T Leadership Lecture Series, supporting the new M&T Venture Fund or contributing to the renovation of the M&T Building please contact Katie McCarthy at Penn’s Office of Development (215-898-9422).
ATTEND M&T 2.0 –ACCELERATING EXCELLENCE – AND SUPPORT M&T!
Mark Nov 7 -9, 2014 your calendar! Visit the 35th Anniversary website and contact Jaime Davis in the M&T Office (215-898-4145) to volunteer as a class or regional rep for the 35th or to help out with any of the following:
1. Visit campus and interact with our amazing M&T Students! Did you know the M&T Club hosts over 20 events per year and alumni mentorship and career development are priority activities?
2. Become an M&T Alumni interviewer to help maintain M&T as the strongest program at Penn – and host an admitted student event in April.
3. Attend or host an M&T event in your area – connect with your local alumni. Join the M&T LinkedIn community.
4. Offer a summer internship to one of our terrific M&T students – a “win-win” for your organization and the student – with the potential for support from M&T’s Internship Awards Program
With warm regards,
Ken Glass, M&T ’82
Chair, 35th Anniversary Committee
Allie Rogers, M&T ’87
Fundraising Chair, 35th Anniversary Committee